t Half the World Away: One More Chance

Saturday, November 24

One More Chance

Being the cineaste that I am, and being the Ebert apostle that I am, there wasn't a minute in the movie that I wasn't criticizing the script, the storyline, the scenes, the cinematography (there wasn't any) and basically the whole storyline. Very much the reason why I don't watch Pinoy films anymore, save only the worthy Indie. But hey, after a day of work and routine, a cheesy feel-good "Life is like a fairytale" flick suddenly deserves a two-thumbs up.

+++

But it wasn't about the movie.

+++

There's nothing like strolling the mall with her arms around mine, passing by countless clothing stores. There's nothing like hearing her ask, "Aw, the dress looks good on me" and me re-assuring "Yeah. It sure does". There's nothing like telling myself "I don't have money now, but I will buy her that soon." Nothing like her realizing that.

There's nothing like when you dine and catch up on things. Nothing like how the corniest jokes told can suddenly replace painful longing. Nothing like being a clown really does feels appropriate and funny. Nothing like the greatest isolation in the world. Nothing like us, together, just the way we were.

There's nothing like the cinema. Nothing like the glare of the big screen on a pretty face. Nothing like the faint glow in her eyes. Nothing like sweet nothings whispered. Nothing like how two center seats voyage into universe. Nothing like the two of us in the greatest dark of the world.

There's nothing like how movies bring two people together. Nothing like how a romantic comedy hits close to the heart. Nothing like watching her laugh, cry, cry and laugh again. Nothing like her being the greatest scene of every minute. And no movie can make me cry last night. I was beside her and there it was, One Last Chance.

+++

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ^VinS^ said...

Akala ko Movie Review... As usual, laglag panga na naman ako, Galing mo talaga manong TJ!!!

November 24, 2007 at 9:46 PM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

Tagal kong di nag sulat eh, na miss ko tuloy...Hehe.

November 25, 2007 at 3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leche. Haha.

November 29, 2007 at 9:30 AM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

You had me at my best, she had me at me at my worst... patay... Hehe

November 30, 2007 at 6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home