t Half the World Away: Anger Management

Monday, September 24

Anger Management

Last Saturday was horrific. At our basketball game, the plays are getting intense so much that I threw the ball at somebody's face. I almost went to a brawl with someone, anyone actually. I got a technical foul. A few moments later, I was back in the game shooting hoops. Suddenly, a sudden rush of hate exploded in my veins. I cursed at the referee and I got another technical, this time I was ejected out of the game. Our team lost.

Later that night, really really late, I found myself in a bar in Makati. The rush happened again, this time I was tripping on a Korean guy. I hate Koreans. I hate the fact that most of their tv shows are mass hysteria in primetime, I hate the fact that their weird corniest boybands even have fans, I hate the fact that they're living a good life here and not face poverty in their own country, I hate the fact that they choose not to learn our language, I hate the fact that there are Korean employers who treat their Pinoy workers like shit. So, as soon as I saw a pale faced kimchi running loose in the metro, it was easy for me to point to his face as a target. Again I was contained. If not, something catastrophic would've happened. I could've caused myself to get hurt. But I really didn't care.

Anger. I should learn how to manage it. It's killing me. Slowly.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was gona text you that night. I was gona say I saw a lot of passion in you (NOT ANGER) that night -- but even passion is not exempted to the rule "too much of something is always bad". I say, even PASSION should be controlled, contained even. You have potentials to be great, teej, I see it in that game. You're just gona have to learn how to contain that passion you have. ;)

Tapos, narealize ko, nung isesend ko na, wala pala akong number mo. Haha. Bwiset, nasayang ang drama. :)

September 25, 2007 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

Hehe. U never fail to amaze me Rhiz. Ur the best. Okay, I'll try my best to control myself next time, for my good and for everyone else's.

September 25, 2007 at 10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweeping generalizations you made about Koreans: you really believe them to be a fact, dont you? Or are you just trying to appear cool?

You know what's cool? Apologize. Take your nicks, and be responsible for what you did. You weren't responsible that night, you're STILL not being responsible here in your blog.

I have a proposition for you. You want to manage your anger? Take it out on me.

You can prepare your waiver, consult your lawyer, whatever man. Name the time and place.


jm (jm_highdef@yahoo.com)

September 25, 2007 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

@JM

I really don't know what to reply to you. But you're right, I should apologize...

Now, there's so many things I could lose but I could not afford to lose my remaining friends anymore. I don't have much.

I back down...

September 25, 2007 at 1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good man. And to make you feel a little better, others have done far worse.

Good man.

jm (jm_highdef@yahoo.com)

September 25, 2007 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

@ JM

I've done worse too, but don't wanna be there anymore. But see, I have a bit of a problem with this thing called maturity. Not good at all. Control, my intangible.

September 25, 2007 at 5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weak Sauce man. I've seen 2 year olds with better piss control than your sorry ass.

So that's it? YOu can't control your temper, can't control your feelings, then you take it out on an entire race of people of whom you barely have any personal interaction with, then decide to pick on an innocent person just trying to have a good time in a bar?

how do you justify being human?

Oh, and don't give me your piss and moan BS about how lame your life is as a reason for acting like a complete idiot. I'll give you 100-1 odds that somewhere out there is a person who's willing to give a left nut to live YOUR life.

Fucktard.

September 25, 2007 at 9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, and one more thing? Next time you threaten a girl...

I'll show you what gutter vomit feels like. Fair?

I'd call you a fag, but I have friends who'd take offense at being lumped in with you.

September 25, 2007 at 9:53 PM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

@Chris

If she was your girl, your friend, your fellow blogger, I'm sorry.

September 25, 2007 at 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teej, im sorry if what i said offended you. I may not understand what you are going through, but i know its tough and im here for you. Rhiz is right, you have potentials to be great. I have faith in you.

September 25, 2007 at 10:40 PM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

@Penny

FFfffaith. Yeah. Thanks.

September 25, 2007 at 11:00 PM  
Blogger ^VinS^ said...

Anger is never without a reason, but seldom with a good one, anyone who angers you conquers you and anger is only a natural reaction; one of the mind's ways of reacting to things that it perceives to be wrong. While anger can sometimes lead people to do shocking things,it can also be an instinct to show people that something isn't right.

September 26, 2007 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger ^VinS^ said...

Anger is only one letter short of danger...

September 26, 2007 at 7:37 PM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

@Vins

Thanks man. What you said hits close to home..

September 27, 2007 at 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home