t Half the World Away: Waiter, Some More Please...

Tuesday, September 18

Waiter, Some More Please...


Ayus...


What do you do with a broken heart? You soak it in alcohol and set it aflame. Because everything went to fast, and since I could only recall fragments, let me share my 4-day drinking spree in bullets.

Thursday

Central Bbq Bar and Grill, Kapitolyo

  • After basketball practice, me and a couple of co-workers headed to our favorite spot.
  • Usual discourse and debates about blogging, the greatest films of all time, the Beatles and Metallica.
  • Ordered "Bad Boy", a liter of gin, vokda, 4 seasons and some other citrus liquids. A bottle is good enough for two, we had four, there's only three of us, you do the math.
  • Talked about love, life, suicide.
  • Stared at something distant and thought about her.
  • Got drunk and was about to beat the hell out of innocent customers next to our table. Fortunately, I was contained.
  • Stared at something distant and thought about her.
  • Felt empty.
Insight of the Night:

"There is more to life. You're not the only one that's having problems, others have worst. Be positive."

- Romark Mayuga

Friday

Little Island, Metrowalk

  • Since it was payday, some of the more "yuppie" groups at the office went for a night out.
  • Pretended to be modern.
  • Met a college student from UST. She models.
  • Contemplative
  • Stared at something distant and thought about her.
  • No one could replace the one I love.
  • Hadn't had enough beer and decided to head somewhere else.

Newly-Opened Acoustic Bar at Betty Go, New Manila

  • More beer.
  • There was an acoustic band on stage. At first I was hecklin', yelling "You Suck!" after every song. Then, the band played Beauty and Madness.
  • Stared at something distant and thought about her. I sang my lungs out.

Insight of the Night:


(text message) "Gumimik ka no?"

-Gf

Saturday

RJ Bistro, Jupiter St.

  • Pupil, Urbandub, The Ambassadors, etc. was playing. The fedora hat was seen again.
  • Got to meet and hang out with Ping Medina. We talked about indie films, upcoming projects and music.
  • Met Ely Buendia and was able to take a picture with him.
  • Felt so alive
  • Stared at something distant and thought about her. I wished she was there.
  • Hadn't had enough beer and decided to head somewhere else.

Xaymaca Bar, Timog Ave.

  • My favorite bands are playing.
  • Jon, the owner of the bar who's our friend, poured shots of tequila and we emptied it in a span of 30 minutes
  • Meditated on Reggae Beats.
  • Me and Salee's favorite song, "Di Mo Lang Alam" was played.
  • Words cannot describe what I was feeling.
  • The bar was already closed, but I was still drinking with friends, the management and the bands. I was telling Vic from Indio I and Jeck from Peace Pipe how much I hate Brownman Revival.
  • Got really plastered. I wanted to do Jackass moves like running to a wall or jumping from a table but again I was contained.
  • Passed out on a couch.
Insight of the Night:

(One Drop, a Bob Marley song) "For hunger and starvation, lamentation."

- Indio I

Sunday

  • I felt like shit so I didn't go out.
  • I sat in front of the tv.
  • Popped a Kubrick classic on the player.
  • A Clockwork Orange is indescribable.

Monday

BIR Village, Fairview
  • I found out that my closest friends are having problems too.
  • Was about to head home and not drink.
  • Somebody bought Gran Matador and I said, what the heck, lets drink the damned thing.
  • Stared at something distant and thought about her.
  • Love is Patience. But I don't wanna be waiting in vain.
Insight of the Night:

"Ano, pare-pareho nalang tayo?"

- Carlos Ramirez I


During these nights I thought that I'm having the time of my life. Now that I'm sober, everything seemed ridiculous. They are. Now I focus everything on my beloved work. Still, as I research and imply strategies, I constantly find myself staring at something distant and thinking about her.

There is something to learn about alcohol. It's poison and medicine both at the same time. Now, I won't drink for at least a week. That is, if there's no Pupil gig coming up. \m/


Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Based on my experience, alcohol just makes me feel like crap when I have too much of it. I'm good after two beers, or maybe a margarita. Also, I've never been to Xaymaca! Every time I pass by there it looks impossible to get in cos it's so freaking packed.

September 18, 2007 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

Yeah. I hate hangovers too. Xaymaca is really packed. It's all sweat and dreadlocks whippin' all over the place. Good vibes though..

September 18, 2007 at 5:16 PM  
Blogger DJ said...

Am I missing half of my life? I hope I can party like a rockstah! and get drunk like the way you do. I miss alcohol vapor.

September 18, 2007 at 11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi TJ! remember us? naah...i think you're too drunk to remember...anyways, EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON...

September 19, 2007 at 8:22 AM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

@ Dhon

Well, you could but I think your too busy taking snapshots of breathless landscapes and beaches. :p Let's swap lives.. hehe

@ Anonymous

And the reason is you?

September 19, 2007 at 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there space to dance though? I swear, I don't understand how people can just sit and listen to reggae. It's one of the most danceable genres ever.

September 20, 2007 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

@ Lauren

Cge let's go there on a Saturday and you'll see it for yourself.

I don't understand how people can just sit and listen to reggae. -> coz they're too stoned...

September 20, 2007 at 4:04 PM  
Blogger ^VinS^ said...

What do you do with a broken heart? You soak it in alcohol and set it aflame. >>> I definitely agree... Mr. Chivas Regal is my Best Friend when I feel so down...

September 22, 2007 at 7:57 PM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

Ayus. Conyo. Hehehe.

September 23, 2007 at 9:32 PM  
Blogger More Moneyfestation said...

pahabol...
huwag po nating lumapit kay grandma...

GRANDMA-tador, hehehe

November 12, 2007 at 3:59 PM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

I sometimes love Granma but most of the time I puke it afterwards.. Bleck!

November 13, 2007 at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home