t Half the World Away: My Letter to Owen Wilson

Monday, September 3

My Letter to Owen Wilson


To Owen,

I'm a fan on yours (and Luke) ever since I saw Bottle Rocket. You guys just have a different kind of humor that was non-existent before. I love how your face goes stern in funny awkward moments and I like how you deliver killer punchlines with the coolest stoner voice. I remember when you played Hansel in Zoolander. Your runway showdown with Ben was so hilarious that me and my friends staged our own showdown right there at our living room, all with the pulling of underpants! I always routed for you in any movie that you're in. All of the characters you played are the coolest. Eli Cash on The Royal Tenenbaums, Kevin on Meet the Parents, Ken on Starsky and Hutch and John on Wedding Crashers, the latter being my favorite.

+++

But you see Owen, you're more than just a funny man. You're more than a Hollywood actor and you're more than a million dollar A-list celebrity. To me, you are a hero. A hero to dorks like me and to everyone who all wanted in life is to be cool and funny and have self-esteem and be accepted. Every time I see you in TV its like, “Hey there's our man!”, “Yeah Owen's kickin' it.” It's as if your raising our flag. You are our champion Owen and you're good at keeping your fans proud of you.

+++

Maybe things are a little difficult right now. Maybe there are many things that bother you and make you ill. Well, we've all got the blues sometimes. But Owen, you're too cool for that. I know that your personality is one which misfortune cannot tamper. I believe in you. Whatever phase you're in right now shall pass. Just hang on. No matter how dark life is, just keep on living it. Daylight is just 'round the corner. Just keep on living and do what you do. Make us laugh and make the world laugh. God gave your talent for a reason and that is to cheer up lives. Remember the sailors that saw Behind Enemy Lines? Man, you visited and made them really, really happy. That is special. I hope you get well real soon. I hope you'll overcome whatever it is that you need to. I just want to say that your fans here in the Philippines are behind you every step of the way. Take care Owen, you're the best.



*Letter sent to fansite World of Owen at Wilson-Brothers.com



Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger PRUE HALLIWEL :: OBSERVER OF LIFE said...

hi... blog-hopping... i was moved by your letter to owen... hehehe.... and i really hope the universe finds a way to make him read it... it will surely shower him light and hope...

September 4, 2007 at 2:23 AM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

Yeah. Somehow there's this connection I feel with Owen's situation. I hope for best...

September 4, 2007 at 8:11 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

I was shocked when I heard the news of his "attempted suicide". Yes, he's the champion of the dorks - we love him for it. I hope he gets better.

September 4, 2007 at 6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this letter made me sad :(

September 4, 2007 at 7:10 PM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

@Poytee

Yeah I know. And all the while you'd think he's cool about everything. Kasalanan ni Kate Hudson to! Hehe. Poytee pa-shot nga.

@Penny

ahuhuhu...

September 5, 2007 at 7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank's be to GOD that he's alive..hope he'll find peace of mind after.....

thanks for ddropping by.

September 7, 2007 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

Yeah. Peace of mind. Peace pare.

September 7, 2007 at 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

peace men! :)

September 7, 2007 at 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

verily, nothing could surmount the cries of a broken heart
nevertheless....
for some streak of time, a piece of joy springs in these moments of melancholia.
only the perusal of DESPAIR could help you ply the unchartered waters of JOY:)
-...what the heck-

September 7, 2007 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

Verily, I say Amen. :p

September 7, 2007 at 9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

see i told you i can be a pastor:p

September 8, 2007 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

Haha! Korek, si Kate Hudson ang may sala! Sana pwede ko bigyan ng isang matinding shot si Owen Wilson para magising sa katotohanan. Hindi ka na mahal ni Kate, okay? Hahaha!

Ikaw, baka magbigti ka rin, uunahan na kita ng shot bago mo pa gawin. Hehe. :)

September 8, 2007 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

Wahaha. Im in no way suicidal. Hehe, salamat sa shot mo..

September 8, 2007 at 12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wail now. Tissue please. Why did it, for a while there, feel as though the letter was written and intended for me? Must be the over-snotty star complex. *that tissue is too late, throw it! I don't need it anymore. And you're fired! Here's 7 pesos, jeepney fare. Now, OUT!*

Sorry for the disruption.

Anyhoots, I hope this letter doesn't end up not being read by its intended recipient. It's too well meant to go to waste.

September 12, 2007 at 7:43 PM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

@Fritz

Yeah. It is well meant. And pucha kahit artista sa hollywood yung sinulatan ko, alam ko pag nabasa nya to mapapangiti sya.

September 13, 2007 at 8:18 AM  
Blogger davidclark said...

That article was really helpful.
We should be very careful while buying shower head. They are temperature sensitive and can sometimes be dangerous for the user.

June 14, 2017 at 10:50 PM  
Anonymous Available at good cost said...

This is great information .thank you

November 9, 2017 at 6:42 PM  
Anonymous pool gallon calculators near me said...

I appreciate this work amazing post

December 27, 2017 at 7:30 PM  
Anonymous Popular Actors said...

I’m really impressed with your article, such great & usefull knowledge you mentioned here.

December 29, 2017 at 7:49 PM  
Anonymous Mumbai to Goa by taxi said...

Your post is well detailed and well understood. Of a truth, there are many of the points mentioned above am coming across for the first time but I clearly understand it. I hope someday you'll continue posting.

February 16, 2018 at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home