t Half the World Away: At the Blogger Event

Saturday, August 25

At the Blogger Event

Thursday night was ok. Free food and booze. I didn't get to meet some SEO people but I did get to hang out with the crazy and loud TMB gang. Plus, I got photographed for Style Manila and Runway to Reality. Sexy Nomad was there along with Adam and we conversed about bamboo surfboards. Yeah, bamboo. There are proudly-pinoy surfboards made from kawayan.


Lots of tempura and lots of Pale Pilsen. Here's a funny thing that happened though. Me and Rhiz went inside the place to get a bottle of pilsen. I got myself a beer and looked for a waiter to have it opened. I saw one and ordered, “Waiter pa-bukas." He was wearing a blue long-sleeve and a guest name tag. Wahaha, shit.. he ain't a waiter, he's like a VP for a company or something. Nyorks, bloopers ang pucha. Nevertheless, he still opened it. Thanks to you man whoever you are.


Back at the TMB table, well, it was all party. You'd even think Taste Asia held the event for TMB. Waiters never left our table hauling bottles after bottles of alcohol as digicams were capturing moments in all directions. Bim and Mike were doing freestyle dissing while Fritz took photos. All was loud.

Here are some pics from Ade.

I really can't say much about anything else. I'm a nobody and I guess I wanna make it stay that way. Remember when I said that I don't do well do social events? Well, I sat in a lone table and tried to get the gist of the moment. I observed well. There is nothing.

Good thing my officemates were there. Now these three are well-known and I'm the odd man out. I believe everyone was asking everybody else, who the fuck is that dick with a hat?

From the cliquebooth...

Boss Marc,Tj, Mikey, Rico


Well here's to another blogger event. I had fun watching how bloggers socialize. I think its all about self-promotion and self-importance. Any affiliation is just a charade to mask anonymity. Well, come to think of it, that is essence of socialization. Oh screw me. I'm being cynical again.

And hey, somebody remarked to what I'm wearing. “He's got a Justin Timberlake hat.” Dude, its Johnny Depp, Johnny Depp...


Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Mikey said...

Dear TJ. Please stop being fat. Thanks.

August 25, 2007 at 7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, Mike, Bim, or the goat?

August 25, 2007 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

@Mike

Dear Mike. Please stop sniffing glue. Thanks.

@Ade

Oh yeah. I go with the goat. Hehe.

August 25, 2007 at 9:01 PM  
Blogger Pennylane said...

See? everyone wanted the goat, it should have not been taken out of choices!

August 25, 2007 at 11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photos up, yeah yeah yeah!

August 26, 2007 at 6:06 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Ohhh so you're the one in the fedora!

August 26, 2007 at 9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

justin timberlake XD

August 26, 2007 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

@Fritz

Alright. Hey man ur a chef?!! holy chef!

August 26, 2007 at 7:18 PM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

@Lauren

Ohhh so thats what its called, a fedora..

@Ryan

Johnny Depp!!!

@Penny

goatse! goaste!

August 26, 2007 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger DJ said...

Nice meeting you dude. BTW i like your fedora. i want one. but i know that'll make me look like a fat mafia or somethin. hehe

August 27, 2007 at 10:58 AM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

@Dhon

Hehe. Fat Mafia. Parang James Gandolfini.

August 27, 2007 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger Nk. said...

i see someone who looks very much like our boss in that clique photo lol.

August 27, 2007 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger Tj Cafuir said...

@Niki

I'm not too sure who you pertain to. Anyway, nice blog, its meaningful.

August 27, 2007 at 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home