t Half the World Away: Blog Update: Voila! Nothing New

Thursday, June 7

Blog Update: Voila! Nothing New

Okay let me see...

I have not posted a thing for a week now...

What have I been up to...

Hmm...


Oh okay. I had been watching the NBA playoffs like a mother to her child. It's as if the Cleveland Cavaliers would stop playing right dead at halfcourt and say "Hey man, Tj Cafuir ain't watchin' the game, we screwed now playa!"

So there's me and ex-sports journalist Nathan. Believe me when I say that this guy knows his stuff. "Lebron's physique is most perfect for the number 2 position. Not too big for a shooting guard and blah blah blah."

Well its really hard to do some blogging if you got Lebron James kickin' rusty Piston ass. I really hate that team. Anyways, since the live feed of the playoffs are shown in the morning, all of us Leb-heads in our office can only be updated with the game stats via the yahoo sports webpage. Yeah, yahoo shows the latest updates with short sentences like "Foul on Billups" or "James makes 1st free throw" and refreshes every 3 minutes or so. Great. We were like, "oi lamang ng 2! Chong refresh mo, refresh mo!" Very nerdy.

So after a long day at work we all went to Gutson's near Metrowalk to catch the replay. Naturally you have to have a beer in one hand as the other is fist-clenched up in the air. Lebron James is like really Jordanesque. He reminds me of the playoff series of the Bulls vs. Detroit when Michael meets the Isiah Thomas and Bill Laimbeer and blah blah blah...

Ok point established. I haven't done any writing at all. My feature article already gathered dust at the my documents folder. Beer and basketball is after all a man's weakness.

What now? Let me see. The Finals starts in a few days, I still have my savings to waste and there's cases of the "golden" Pilsen everywhere so there...

Voila, voila na nagawa...

(p.s. thanx Mikey for the pix)
(note to self: Na Spurs ka pumusta, talo Cavs dun)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home